Our attorneys at Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney have successfully recovered more than $500 million on behalf of our clients. Our law firm has been strong advocates for victims of accidents and abuse since 1960. Here is a small sample of our successful verdicts and settlements:
- $22 million global settlement with the Archdiocese of Hartford on behalf of 43 clergy abuse sex abuse survivors.
- $6.2 million verdict against a detective and the Town of Seymour after a fatal car accident that killed three young men and seriously injured another man.
- $6 million recovered to the family of a patient who died from a faulty oxygen machine during a simple gall bladder operation at the hospital.
- $5.3 million settlement for a truck accident victim involving several transportation and truck companies.
- $3.55 million settlement for clergy sex abuse victims against the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- $3.25 million settlement for victims of childhood sex abuse within public schools in Connecticut.
- $2.75 million awarded by jury against St. Francis Hospital for Dr. George Reardon’s sexual abuse of a child decades ago.
- $2.3 million verdict for a victim seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident involving neglect from the local police.
- $2.1 million verdict for a victim of a motorcycle accident involving the Housatonic Area Regional Transit District bus yard. This is the largest verdict in Connecticut history for a motorcycle accident case.
- $1.5 million settlement to a patient diagnosed with advanced breast cancer that could have been caught much sooner if the radiologist had not misread several mammograms done in previous years.
- $1.5 million awarded to a 12-year-old girl paralyzed in a swimming pool accident at a birthday party. The pool lacked depth markers and adequate safety signs warning swimmers not to dive into certain parts of the pool.
- $1.4 million settlement to the family of a victim killed due to several types of medical malpractice by her doctor, lung specialist and hospital.
- $1.2 million verdict for the victim of sexual abuse that the Boys & Girls Village in Milford failed to report.
- $1 million settlement to the family of a 21-year-old patient who died after a simple biopsy due to mistakes made by the radiologist and miscommunication among hospital staff.
- $950,000 settlement for the victim of a head-on collision caused by a driver who fell asleep at the wheel.
- $950,000 settlement for a neck injury victim who was rear-ended by a garbage truck.
- $765,000 award to the family of a wrongful death claim against a truck driver and his insurance company after the driver hit the victim while he was by his vehicle in the emergency shoulder on the highway.
- $750,000 settlement to a worker injured on-the-job who suffered permanent partial impairment and ongoing psychological problems.
- $750,000 awarded to a worker injured by a ceiling fan that fell due to faulty installation.
- $710,000 settlement to a 61-year-old worker injured on-the-job and suffers from chronic back pain.
- $400,000 settlement to a woman who suffered permanent eye damage after spa mistreatment.
Teens heading back to school this year may number among those who are excited to finally be driving after having gotten their licenses over the summer. However, as teen drivers in Connecticut are more likely to get into auto accidents, it is important to emphasize...