Our attorneys at Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney have successfully recovered more than $500 million on behalf of our clients. Our law firm has been strong advocates for victims of accidents and abuse since 1960. Here is a small sample of our successful verdicts and settlements:
- $22 million global settlement with the Archdiocese of Hartford on behalf of 43 clergy abuse sex abuse survivors.
- $6.2 million verdict against a detective and the Town of Seymour after a fatal car accident that killed three young men and seriously injured another man.
- $6 million recovered to the family of a patient who died from a faulty oxygen machine during a simple gall bladder operation at the hospital.
- $5.3 million settlement for a truck accident victim involving several transportation and truck companies.
- $3.55 million settlement for clergy sex abuse victims against the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- $3.25 million settlement for victims of childhood sex abuse within public schools in Connecticut.
- $2.75 million awarded by jury against St. Francis Hospital for Dr. George Reardon’s sexual abuse of a child decades ago.
- $2.3 million verdict for a victim seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident involving neglect from the local police.
- $2.1 million verdict for a victim of a motorcycle accident involving the Housatonic Area Regional Transit District bus yard. This is the largest verdict in Connecticut history for a motorcycle accident case.
- $1.5 million settlement to a patient diagnosed with advanced breast cancer that could have been caught much sooner if the radiologist had not misread several mammograms done in previous years.
- $1.5 million awarded to a 12-year-old girl paralyzed in a swimming pool accident at a birthday party. The pool lacked depth markers and adequate safety signs warning swimmers not to dive into certain parts of the pool.
- $1.4 million settlement to the family of a victim killed due to several types of medical malpractice by her doctor, lung specialist and hospital.
- $1.2 million verdict for the victim of sexual abuse that the Boys & Girls Village in Milford failed to report.
- $1 million settlement to the family of a 21-year-old patient who died after a simple biopsy due to mistakes made by the radiologist and miscommunication among hospital staff.
- $950,000 settlement for the victim of a head-on collision caused by a driver who fell asleep at the wheel.
- $950,000 settlement for a neck injury victim who was rear-ended by a garbage truck.
- $765,000 award to the family of a wrongful death claim against a truck driver and his insurance company after the driver hit the victim while he was by his vehicle in the emergency shoulder on the highway.
- $750,000 settlement to a worker injured on-the-job who suffered permanent partial impairment and ongoing psychological problems.
- $750,000 awarded to a worker injured by a ceiling fan that fell due to faulty installation.
- $710,000 settlement to a 61-year-old worker injured on-the-job and suffers from chronic back pain.
- $400,000 settlement to a woman who suffered permanent eye damage after spa mistreatment.
If you have been in a car accident in Connecticut, you should know your rights and responsibilities. Diligently assessing damages and filing an insurance claim can bring some financial relief after a wreck, but sometimes this does not do enough to cover damages —...