Your trusted partner in Personal Injury cases in Connecticut since 1960.  Let us help you handle It.

The Bridgeport personal injury attorneys of Tremont Sheldon P.C.

Injured In An Accident Caused by Road Construction? We Can Help.

Road construction provides a number of dangerous obstacles to motorists, such as uneven lanes, confusing or missing signs, misplaced traffic cones or barrels, gravel and other debris on the roadway, poor lighting and other safety defects.

At Tremont Sheldon P.C. in Bridgeport, our lawyers represent people who have suffered serious injuries in car accidents due to dangerous road conditions. They also represent construction workers who are injured on the job. Our team handles personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout Connecticut.

Who Is Liable For Road Construction Accidents?

Determining liability in road construction accidents can be very complex and may involve multiple parties, including:

  • The municipality responsible for maintaining the road
  • The road construction company
  • Another driver
  • The manufacturer of equipment or supplies (such as defective guard rails)

In the aftermath of an accident, it’s important to refrain from discussing issues such as fault before you contact an attorney. A statement such as “I might have been driving a few miles over the limit” could result in the responsible insurance company blaming the accident on you.

In Connecticut, your recovery from a personal injury lawsuit can be reduced by any percentage of liability the court assigns to you. If you are found to be more than 50% responsible for a motor vehicle accident, you cannot recover damages.

Call Us For Help With Your Road Construction Accident

Before you talk to anyone else, speak to us if you have been injured in a road construction accident in Connecticut. Call us at 203-212-9075 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.

Auto Accident Frequently Asked Questions

What is a personal injury attorney?

A personal injury attorney represents victims and their families who have been injured due to someone’s negligence or reckless actions. A personal injury attorney can help you find justice after an accident by pursuing compensation to help pay for your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering and damages depending on your case.

When should you contact a lawyer after a car accident?

You should call a lawyer before you speak to the insurance company. An attorney can protect your rights by collecting evidence, evaluating all options for recovery and negotiating with the insurance company to maximize the compensation in your case.

When should you hire an attorney after an accident?

Hiring an attorney is a big decision, especially after you have been injured. However, it is one that should be made as soon as possible so your right to file a claim is protected.

What are your rights after a car accident?

You have the right to pursue a legal claim against the driver responsible for the accident. To protect yourself, do not admit fault after an accident. You also do not need to make statements to the insurance company or sign any settlement agreements without consulting a lawyer first. Speaking to a lawyer can help you protect your right to file a lawsuit after an accident.

Who Pays Your Medical Bills If You Were Injured In A Car Accident?

Connecticut is a “fault” insurance state. This means that if the other driver was at fault for the accident, their insurance company is responsible for paying for your losses, including medical bills. However, the insurance company will not pay your damages until your claim is resolved. At Tremont Sheldon P.C. in Bridgeport, we can help, but it can take several months. In the meantime, you will need to find another way to pay your bills. Your options may include:

  • A personal medical insurance policy
  • Group medical coverage through your employer
  • Medicare or Medicaid

The most important thing to do after an auto accident is to obtain medical coverage and follow your doctor’s treatment plan for your recovery. If you fail to see a doctor or discontinue treatment, two things can happen:

  • You may be left with a chronic condition that can keep you from living your life to the fullest.
  • The insurance company of the at-fault driver may decline your personal injury claim.

What If You Are Uninsured?

What If You Are Uninsured?

If you are in a car accident and do not have medical insurance, our lawyers can help you find a doctor who will provide you with treatment in exchange for a lien on your personal injury settlement or verdict. This is called a letter of protection.