Were You Sexually Abused by a Priest or Minister as a Child?
Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney P.C. has represented well over 170 survivors of clergy childhood sexual abuse against the Bridgeport Diocese, Hartford Diocese and other religious institutions.
As one of the first law firms in the entire United States to stand up to these institutions and tell them what they allowed to happen was wrong, we continue to represent the courageous survivors who come forward. We believe it is our duty to make sure they are heard and allowed to heal.
Helping Sexual Abuse Survivors Heal and Move Forward
For almost 25 years, our lawyers have been battling with Bridgeport Diocese attorneys on sexual abuse cases involving children. Most recently, we obtained thousands of pages of records including documentation on sexual abuse by Diocesan priests never before disclosed.
Some recent settlements involve claims by five minor victims of sexual abuse by four priests in the diocese:
- Reverend Martin Federici, while at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Norwalk, Connecticut, St. Edward the Confessor in New Fairfield and on Emmaus retreats in Danbury, Connecticut
- Reverend Walter Coleman while at St. Patrick’s Church in Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Reverend James Gildea, a Holy Cross brother, while at Notre Dame High School in Fairfield, Connecticut
- Reverend Robert Morrisey, while a counselor at St. Mary’s High School in Greenwich, Connecticut
All cases were filed in the Bridgeport Superior Court.
Additionally, we have filed claims against:
- The Diocese of Bridgeport
- The Archdiocese of Hartford
- The Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Milford
- The Maronite Catholic Church
Learn more about the priests involved in sexual abuse against children who are involved in civil cases for child sex abuse.
Discuss Your Case in a Safe and Confidential Environment
We understand the concerns of individuals and families about reporting sexual abuse. We are adept at protecting the privacy interests of our clients while holding abusers accountable. Our attorneys are experienced, compassionate and professional when representing our clients. We create an environment where clients can feel safe and confident in our ability to see that justice is done.
On October 1, 2019, the Diocese of Bridgeport released a report on the sexual abuse of minors in the Diocese since its inception in 1953. The 250 page reports paints a picture of the Diocese’s massive cover up and of the Diocese’s complete disregard for the well-being and protection of childhood clergy abuse victims, all for the protection of the Church as an institution. Since our involvement in these cases starting in 1993, we have expressed outrage over the cover up and the aggressive treatment of victims. This report verifies our concerns. We continue to support and fight for survivors with care and compassion. To read the full report click here.