Frank A. Bailey
- Workers' Compensation Claims
- Auto, Truck, and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Defective Highways
- Legal Malpractice
- Dog Bites
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Connecticut, 1988
I have dedicated my career as a lawyer to helping people find the right path to solve their legal problems.
As a lifelong hiker and camper, I know that the right path may not be the simplest or the most obvious. I have hiked on the Appalachian Trail as well as on many local trails. I enjoy the outdoors and regularly go camping with friends from high school in the Berkshires. In both the great outdoors and in the practice of law, careful study, perception and understanding the circumstances are necessary for success.
I believe that effective communication is essential to solving the puzzle of a client’s case. Many times, the solutions are not apparent, but getting to know the client, how he or she was injured and how the injury impacts his or her life is critical to explaining the case to the judge, jury, or insurance company. As the client’s advocate, I need my clients to feel that they can confide in me and that they know me as well as I know them.
So, let me tell you my story. I was born in New Haven and grew up in Bethany, which is a small town between New Haven and Waterbury. My father was an engineer with the phone company and my mother taught school in West Haven. Hard work and community service were taught to me at a young age.
I graduated from Cornell University and the University of Connecticut School of Law. When I passed the bar, I joined Tremont Sheldon in 1987 and it is the only place where I have practiced law. My practice is focused on representing the victims of negligence, legal and medical malpractice, as well as personal injury and worker’s compensation cases.
I live in Orange with my wife, Michelle, and we have raised two sons. Michelle is a childcare teacher at Yale New Haven Hospital. One of my sons is a sportswriter for 247 Sports and the other is a computer programmer.
I have served as the President of the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association and as Chairman on the Worker’s Compensation Section of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. Since 2013, I have been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America, which is the only purely peer review guide to the legal profession. I have also been named a Connecticut Super Lawyer and have an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is indicative of the highest professional ability and ethical standards.
Outside of work, I have been active in local youth organizations and serve on the board of directors of the Orange Foundation, which provides scholarships and grants to community service organizations. In my free time, I enjoy growing vegetables and gardening, baseball, and home repairs.
- One of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Connecticut by The National Trial Lawyers
- Connecticut Super Lawyers®
- The Best Lawyers of America®
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest possible rating for a lawyer)
- Workers' Compensation Section of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Past Chairman
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association: Executive Board, Chairman Workers' Compensation Committee
- Connecticut Superior Court, Special Master
- Law Day for Greater Bridgeport Bar, Chairman
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
Classes & Seminars
- Lectured Extensively on Workers' Compensation and Uninsured Motorist Law