$750,000 Awarded to Worker Injured by Ceiling Fan
Mary was seriously injured when a ceiling fan fell on her head. Under workers’ compensation, she was only entitled to receive $400 per week, plus payment of her medical bills. Through diligent investigation and effective use of experts, Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney was able to prove that the accident was caused by faulty installation of the fan. A lawsuit was started for Mary. At the Bridgeport Superior Court, the manufacturer and installer agreed to pay her $750,000.