Tremont Sheldon P.C. New Information on Church Abuse Cases — Continues to Represent the Victims
December 15, 2012
Tremont Sheldon P.C. has recently updated its Church Abuse: Summary and History of Cases Section to reflect new claims and resolutions for 2011 and 2012. Below are the additions to the section and for complete information please visit Legal Services – Sexual Abuse – Church Abuse.
March 2011: Tremont Sheldon P.C. engages in discussions with the Diocese of Bridgeport regarding mediation on behalf of eight additional victims of childhood sexual abuse involving five priests affiliated with that Diocese.
Summer of 2011: In addition to resolving multiple claims against Father Louis Paturzo while the priest was at Blessed Sacrament Church in Hamden in Connecticut and Father Stephen Crowley while at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Torrington, Connecticut, Tremont Sheldon P.C. currently represents numerous additional victims who were sexually abused by priests within the Archdiocese of Hartford as well as other religious institutions and continues to investigate claims against clergy within the state.
Tremont Sheldon P.C. successfully resolves claims for 12 individuals abused by priests in the Diocese of Bridgeport, Archdiocese of Hartford, Congregation of the Holy Cross, and Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers. Those priests include:
- Father Walter Philip Coleman – St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Fairfield, CT
- Monsignor Charles Stubbs – St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church in Ridgefield, CT
- Father Martin Federici – St. Joseph School in Shelton, CT
- Father James Gildea – Notre Dame High School in Fairfield, CT
- Father Stanley Banaszek – St. Anthony Parish in Bridgeport, CT
- Monsignor Frank Wissel – Urban Retreat House in Bridgeport, CT
- Father Robert Ladamus – St. Mary’s Church and School in Milford, CT
- Father Stephen Crowley – St. Francis of Assisi Church in Torrington, CT
- Father Stephen Foley – St. Timothy’s in West Hartford, CT
Tremont Sheldon P.C. currently represents additional victims of clergy sexual abuse within the Archdiocese of Hartford, Diocese of Bridgeport and other religious associations throughout the state.