- St. Francis Settles Reardon Child Sex Abuse Claims - Could Cost Hospital and Insurers More Than $50 Million
- Plaintiff Awarded $2.75 Million - Jury Finds St. Francis At Fault in Reardon Sex Abuse Case
- Over $50 Million Collected for Childhood Victims of Sexual Abuse
- Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney Lawsuit Accuses Former Stamford Connecticut Gym Teacher of Abuse
- Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney New Information on Church Abuse Cases -- Continues to Represent Victims
- Boy Scouts Files Name 22 Connecticut Residents Accused or Convicted of Immoral Acts
- The Similarities Between the Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal and the Catholic Church Sexual Abuse Scandal - Free Report on Penn State Attached
- Two Roads for Justice for Sexual Abuse Victims
- Ex-Peace Corps Worker From Connecticut to Plead Guilty in Sex Assault Cases
Online Resources - Victim Support Groups For Child Sexual Abuse
- Adult Survivors of Child Abuse – Individual and group support program for adult survivors of physical, sexual and emotional child abuse or neglect.
- Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services, Inc. – CONNSACS is a statewide coalition of individual sexual assault crisis programs, which work to end sexual violence through victim assistance, community education and public policy advocacy.
- Wounded Healer – TWHJ is the oldest point of presence on the Web for psychotherapists and others who have experienced the devastation of trauma including child abuse.
- The Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Program – The mission of the SCAN Program is to provide comprehensive medical and psychosocial care in a culturally sensitive manner to children who have experienced acute sexual abuse, physical abuse and neglect.
- Yale New Haven Hospital Child Sexual Abuse Program – The Yale Child Abuse Program provides evaluation and treatment of all types of child maltreatment.
Common Questions About Sexual Abuse
- I do not want my identity revealed. Is there a way that I can file a claim and remain anonymous?
- If there is a criminal case presently pending against the perpetrator, can I still file a civil suit?
- What is the difference between criminal and civil cases? Is there a different burden of proof?
- The perpetrator is now dead. Can I still file a claim?
- What is the statute of limitations with regard to filing a sexual abuse claim?
- Who are mandated reporters of suspected child abuse?