The Vatican’s announcement that it defrocked more than 800 priests over the last decade should be a reminder that sex abuse by those in positions of authority remains a problem. But it is not just a problem within the Church, although that institution has garnered the most public attention. The attorneys at Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney continue to be advocates for survivors of childhood sexual abuse. In 2014, Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney has:
- Settled a claim for a victim abused by a CCD teacher David Stanko at St. Thomas Church in Thomaston, CT in Archdiocese of Hartford
- Settled a claim for a victim abused by Monsignor Joseph Lacy at St. Luke Church in Hartford, CT in Archdiocese of Hartford
- Settled a claim for a victim abused by Matthew Frontera who was a youth soccer coach with the Branford Soccer Club in Branford, CT
- Filed a lawsuit on behalf of multiple victims who were abused by Robert Martinez, a gym teacher at the Rogers Elementary School in Stamford, CT.
Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney is currently representing:
- 9 victims abused by Robert Martinez at the Rogers Elementary School in Stamford, CT;
- 5 victims abused by priests (Gildea, Morrissey, Federici, Coleman) in the Diocese of Bridgeport;
- 3 victims abused by priests (Glynn, Meunier aka) in the Archdiocese of Hartford
- Numerous victims abused as minors by teachers/or coaches at public, private, and parochial schools throughout the state of Connecticut.