Personal Injury

Death Cases, Slip and Falls, Dog Bites, Workers’ Compensation, Nursing Home Neglect, Medical Malpractice and Legal Malpractice.

Learn More

Auto Accidents

Accidents Involving Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Pedestrians, Bicyclists, Public Transportation, Drunk Drivers and Uninsured Motorists.

Learn More

Sexual Abuse

Church and Clergy Abuse, Medical Professional Abuse, Teacher Abuse, Campus Sexual Assault, Sports and Coach Abuse and Other Child Abuse.

Learn More

Seeking Justice and Fighting for You

We represent people who have suffered injuries in an accident or due to the fault of another or victims of child sexual abuse. Our experienced trial lawyers provide victims and their families personal service in all personal injury cases such as:

  • Motor vehicle crashes involving cars, trucks, pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists
  • Child sexual abuse civil claims by teachers, clergy, and coaches
  • Medical malpractice, including birth injuries, misdiagnoses, and surgical errors
  • Serious and fatal injuries caused by defective products, dog bites, negligent property owners and workplace accidents
  • Nursing home injuries and wrongful death due to lack of proper staffing, poor training and abuse
  • Legal malpractice that causes financial harm

No amount of compensation can undo what has happened. But filing a civil suit against a sexual abuser can help you achieve justice. You may not have felt vindicated by the criminal case — if there was one — but you can still hold the abuser accountable in civil court. With over 50 years of representing victims of abuse, accidents and injuries caused by the fault of others, you can rely on our attorneys and staff to treat you with care and respect throughout the entire process.

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Know if I Have a Personal Injury Case?

A. You may have the right to bring a lawsuit to recover money damages for your losses if you were injured or harmed by another person or entity. You should consult with our lawyers as soon as possible after an injury to determine whether or not you have a case.

How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury?

A. In Connecticut, you generally have two years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit that is based on the negligent conduct of another person or entity. The time limitation varies, however, depending on the nature of the claim.

What Are My Legal Rights if I Was Sexually Abused as a Child?

A. Most victims who claim damages for sexual abuse, sexual assault or sexual exploitation as a child can file a claim up to 30 years past the age of abuse (typically until the age of 48) in Connecticut. Those who are abused after October 1, 2019 have until they turn 51 years of age to bring a claim.

However, if you claim damages as a result of being sexually assaulted as an adult, then you have a much shorter time period in which to file a lawsuit. Typically, you have three years from the date of the assault to file against the perpetrator for his or her intentional acts and two years from the date of the assault to file against any other person or entity (e.g., perpetrator’s employer) who may have been negligent in allowing the perpetrator to have contact with you.

Why Choose Us?

A. Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney P.C. has more than 50 years of experience handling personal injury and abuse cases. We are specialists in personal injury cases. Why does this matter? Our firm only handles personal injury cases and understands the ins and outs of these cases, and as a result we have a history of proven success against insurance companies, hospitals, schools, churches, and other negligent parties.

What Is the Fee in a Personal Injury Case?

A. Under Connecticut law Sec. 52-251c, attorney fees in personal injury cases are paid on a contingency fee* basis. This means the fee is paid at the end of the case and is calculated on the amount of the final settlement or judgment.

*Contingency fee is defined as payment to an attorney for legal services that depends, or is contingent, upon there being some recovery or award in the case. The payment is then a percentage of the amount recovered. You pay nothing unless payment/recovery is received.

Connecticut Law Today

Super Lawyers
American Board of Trial Advocates
NBTA | National Board of Trial Advocacy | EST. 1977
AV: Peer Review Rated
International Academy of Trial Lawyers
Best Lawyers Award Badge 2020
American College of Trial Lawyers
Best Lawyers | Best Law Firms | U.S.News | 2020