You are surrounded by mechanical, electrical and chemical products from the moment you wake up and use an electric hair dryer, a toaster oven or coffee pot; or you use your electric garage door opener or drive your car to your office. If you are injured by a product, the first step is to secure the actual product that caused the injury. Call us immediately after the accident, and we can have the product completely inspected or analyzed by an engineer to determine the cause of the accident.
The product liability attorneys at Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney have represented hundreds of individuals injured by defective and dangerous products. Over the years, Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney has taken on the manufacturers and sellers of defective products that injured unknowing victims. Attorneys at Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney have filed lawsuits against the automobile industry, including Ford and General Motors; the swimming pool industry; and other corporate giants such as General Electric, Westinghouse, and Caterpillar. While these cases are extremely complex and difficult, the personal injury lawyers at Tremont Sheldon Robinson Mahoney have the experience and expertise in this field to bring a product liability case to a successful resolution.
Common Injuries Caused by Defective Products
Throughout the years, our clients have come to us with a variety of serious injuries. The most common occurrences are:
- The loss of fingers, hands and extremities by industrial machines and garden equipment such as lawn mowers and snow blowers
- Paralysis or death from diving in shallow pools
- Death or severe burns from explosions caused by natural gas appliances
- Death or severe burns caused by contact with high-voltage electricity
- Eye, face, head and hand injuries from drones
- Burns and other injuries caused by toy hoverboards
- Severe side effects caused by the use of prescription drugs
Online Resources for Defective and Recalled Products
- recalls.gov – A website created by the U.S. government to provide better service in alerting the American people to unsafe, hazardous or defective products. Six federal agencies with vastly different jurisdictions have joined together to create this "one stop shop" for U.S. government recalls. This site has consumer products as well as FDA and food recalls.
- cpsc.gov – U.S. Product Safety Commission. Find recalls, safety issues and other helpful information.
- safercar.gov – A website run by the U.S. government for vehicle safety.