Email MeCindy L. Robinson
877-335-5145 (Toll Free)
Cindy Robinson typically works on all types of complex personal injury cases, including claims of medical malpractice, wrongful death, and sexual abuse of children.
Since her judiciary appointment in 1992, Ms. Robinson has served as a member of the Standing Committee on Recommendations for Admission to the Bar in Fairfield County, a panel that evaluates and reports on the character and fitness of attorneys who wish to practice law within the state. She served as chairperson of the committee from 1994 through 2002. Elected to the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Ms. Robinson is a member of its Continuing Legal Education Committee and Co-Chairperson of the Nominating Committee. She has lectured extensively throughout the state on trial tactics and strategies.
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® as one of the top personal injury lawyers in the country, Ms. Robinson is certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. The American Board of Trial Advocates has also selected Ms. Robinson into its membership, which is limited to the top trial lawyers in the community who are vigorously engaged in civil litigation. In 2009, Ms. Robinson became a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, one of the premier legal associations in America. In 2014, Ms. Robinson was honored to become the first woman in Connecticut to be named a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, which limits membership to 500 Fellows from the U.S.
Ms. Robinson has been named the Best Lawyers' 2011 and 2012 Stamford Area Personal Injury Litigator of the Year and the Best Lawyers’ 2014 Stamford Area Lawyer of the Year for plaintiffs’ medical malpractice law. In 2003, Ms. Robinson was one of ten attorneys nationwide to be named "Lawyer of the Year" by Lawyers Weekly USA as a result of her successful representation of clergy abuse victims. In the past, she has been designated as one of the top 50 attorneys and one of the top 25 female attorneys in the state of Connecticut by Connecticut Super Lawyers®. Ms. Robinson has also appeared as a panelist on Court TV and Connecticut Newsmakers.
Ms. Robinson received her B.A. from Wesleyan University and her J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law. She is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts and is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Connecticut Bar Association, and the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association.
"When I started practicing law, I never thought that I would be an advocate for sexual abuse victims. But when you see the devastation this kind of harm has caused people for the rest of their lives, you do what you must to help. They need someone to speak for them. I give them that voice."
Areas of Practice
- Child Sexual Abuse Claims
- Clergy, Coach, Teacher Sexual Abuse Claims
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Personal Injury Law
- Connecticut, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1987
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut
- Lectured Extensively Throughout the State on Trial Tactics and Strategies
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- One of ten attorneys nationwide named "Lawyer of the Year" by Lawyers Weekly USA for representation of clergy abuse victims, 2003
- Stamford Area Lawyer of the Year for plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation, 2011 and 2012
- Stamford Area Lawyer of the Year for plaintiffs’ medical malpractice law, 2014
- Connecticut Super Lawyers®
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest possible rating for a lawyer)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Standing Committee on Recommendations for Admission to the Bar in Fairfield County: Member, 1992 – Present; Chairperson, 1994 – 2002
- Federal Grievance Committee, 2016 - Present
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA), Board of Governors
- Continuing Legal Education Committee for CTLA, Member
- Nominating Committee for CTLA, Co-Chairperson
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member